Schoolcraft College Police Department
Our latest annual security report is available for you to review.
You’ll see Schoolcraft College Police Department Officers on duty 24-hours a day, seven days a week. We patrol the Livonia and Garden City campus by foot, bicycle and vehicle.
Just in Case
Our parking lots and campus buildings are monitored and recorded 24-hours a day by CCTV cameras.
Help is Here
We are available to investigate criminal incidents and provide assistance with medical emergencies — or help if you are simply locked out of your vehicle or have a dead battery.
Let Us Know
Although everyone shares responsibility for safety on campus, we encourage you to use common sense, take precautions and report all incidents to the Schoolcraft College Police Department: (734) 462-4424.
You also can use SC aware. It provides resources and information for every registered student, staff and faculty member. SC aware also includes an online reporting tool you can use to:
- Report an incident or register a complaint
- Report concerning or threatening behavior
- Make a general report to the Schoolcraft College Police Department. You can submit a report with or without your name. Access the SC aware online reporting tool.
Avoid the Dreaded Parking Ticket
- You may park in the North, South and Central parking lots, with the exception of restricted areas, which are posted “Faculty Parking,” “Assigned Parking,” and “Handicapped” parking.
- All parking lots are lined and vehicles are to be parked within the designated spaces. There is no parking on the diagonal yellow lined areas at the ends of each row in any parking lot.
- There is no parking permitted on any college street.
- Faculty and staff have parking provided in the North, South and Central parking lots which are posted and require a permit.
- Inner-campus parking is restricted to assigned parking, timed parking, and handicapped parking.
- Assigned parking is that which belongs to a college department and/or one individual. Timed parking is restricted to 30 minutes. Handicap parking is provided in the inner campus parking areas and in the Central parking lot and requires a State or College-issued permit.
- Vehicles that are parked illegally on campus will be issued citations.
Schoolcraft College Police Department Officers are authorized to write City of Livonia traffic citations under Title VI, Chapter I, of the Livonia Code. Tickets are payable to the 16th District Court located at 15140 Farmington Road, Livonia.
If You Hear the Siren
In the event of a tornado, a warning siren located on campus will sound. You should move to an interior room or hallway away from windows and doors. Do not use rooms or labs that contain hazardous materials as a shelter. The Schoolcraft College Police Department will announce when it is clear to leave the area.
Sign up for SCalerts so you’ll be among the first to know about emergencies. You can receive text, email and voicemail messages about weather-related college closings and other emergencies affecting Schoolcraft College and the surrounding area. Once you’ve registered for SCalerts, you can add additional email addresses and receive alerts in more than one spot.
What's the difference between a tornado watch and warning? Find out here.
Is College Closed?
It might be, because of severe weather or other emergencies. Listen to major metro area radio and local television stations. Additional information and updates may be found online, posted on the college’s Facebook page and on Twitter. If you sign up for SCalerts, you’ll receive emergency notifications on your cell phone.
In the event of a fire, an alarm will sound. You’ll need to move calmly but immediately outside and stand in an area at least 50 feet from the building and away from any smoke. Staff and faculty will take a headcount and match it to their attendance sheet. Anyone unaccounted for should be reported to the Schoolcraft College Police Department at ext. 4424 as soon as possible.
Injury and Illness
In the event of a medical emergency, call the Schoolcraft College Police Department office at ext. 4424 from any college phone, or (734) 462-4424 from a non-college phone. A Schoolcraft College Police Department Officer will respond. If the emergency is life threatening, call 911 from any non-college phone or dial 8-911 from a college phone. Immediately after, please also call the Schoolcraft College Police Department Office at (734) 462-4424 from any non-college phone or 4424 from any campus phone.
In the event of a crime committed on campus, call the Schoolcraft College Police Department Office at ext. 4424 from any college phone, or (734) 462-4424 from a non-college phone. A Schoolcraft College Police Department Officer will respond, conduct an investigation, file an internal college report, and notify the local police if necessary. If a crime is in progress, call 911 from any non-college phone or dial 8-911 from a college phone. Immediately after, please also call the Schoolcraft College Police Department Office at (734) 462-4424 from any non-college phone or 4424 from any campus phone.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Students, employees and visitors are expected to observe all Federal, State and Local laws and College regulations.