About Tutoring at the Livonia LAC
Drop-in and online tutoring are free services provided by the Learning Assistance Center at Schoolcraft College. LAC tutors can:
- Help in math, physics, chemistry, biology, accounting and much, much more
- Assist you in summarizing important information from lectures, notes and textbook readings
- Help break down vital classroom topic info (and deliver it to you in ways you can understand)
- Support in-class instruction
- Clear up confusion
- Reinforce Rules
- Create a collaborative learning environment
- Strengthen foundational and pre-req skills
- Emphasize class and topic study skills
Livonia LAC Tutoring Mission
The mission of the Learning Assistance Center’s tutoring program is to aid all Schoolcraft students in achieving a transformational learning experience by providing quality learning support services. The LAC assists students in becoming independent learners by helping them to acquire the skills necessary to attain their educational and personal goals. The LAC also provides students, and tutors, the opportunity to develop personally, professionally and educationally in an interactive learning environment.
Spring Tutoring Schedule
The Learning Assistance Center is open during the following hours; however, please check the schedule for specific subject hours. Please check in regularly on our website for the most recent tutor schedule. Call the LAC, 734-462-4436, if you have any questions.
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday & Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.