Being a college student can present many challenges. Those challenges can result in students needing help in difficult times. SCcares is a resource that has been established to create awareness and help maintain a safe and secure campus for all. You can help keep Schoolcraft a safe zone by being aware of our CARE initiative:



If you would like to report an incident or have concerns about a situation or student on campus, click the icon at the right sidebar to fill out a confidential incident report. In an emergency situation, call: (734) 462-4424 or 9-911

Safety and Security

The Schoolcraft College Campus Police Authority is committed to providing all students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a safe and secure environment. This goal is accomplished by working closely with these stakeholders while building relationships with the community. We embrace this partnership by providing basic services such as lost and found, vehicle lockouts, and jump-starts, and also encourage the reporting of suspicious activity, criminal acts, or other concerning behavior to provide a safer environment for all. Your involvement is our most important crime prevention tool. Working together, we can keep Schoolcraft College a safe place. We welcome your questions, suggestions, and concerns.

College Closings (due to weather or other emergencies)

Listen to major metro area radio and local television stations. Additional info may be found online.

Register with to receive emergency notifications on your cell phone.

Counseling Services

The Schoolcraft College Counseling Services are committed to helping students reach their academic, career and personal goals. If you, or a friend, are struggling with personal issues preventing you from reaching your goals, please contact the counseling office at (734) 462-4429. Our licensed professional counselors are committed to providing services that are short term, free, and confidential. They can also suggest referrals to area resources when necessary.

Other Resources

Student Complaint Process for Out of State Enrollments

Schoolcraft College works in cooperation with related departments and statewide through the MCCVLC (Michigan Community College Virtual Learning Collaborative) to comply with governmental regulations to provide online learning courses to students outside of Michigan.

Schoolcraft College students should complete the Schoolcraft College Academic Appeal and Instructional Complaint  form and follow the Schoolcraft College Academic Appeal Procedure for final grades, and in compliance with the following Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008 the following information is also available for out of student students:

"§ 668.43 (b) Institutional Information - Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (b) The institution must make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, a copy of the documents describing the institution’s accreditation and its State, Federal, or tribal approval or licensing. The institution must also provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint."

The following link provides contact information, by state, for students: MCCVLC Student Complaint State Resources

SC Cares

File complaints and report general incidents, concerning behaviors, information reports, matters that may require discipline, Title IX, etc.

Academic Appeal/Instructional Complaint
File an Academic Appeal or Instructional Complaint, i.e. appeal for grade change.

Request for Late Withdraw or Refund
File to request a late withdrawal, etc., due to medical reasons, military deployment, or other emergency situation.

File Report

For CEPD refunds, please call
734-462-4448 or email

Title IX

Title IX in Overview

Emergency Situation:
Call 911
Call 8-911 (from any campus phone)

Schoolcraft College Police Department:
Call x4424
(from any campus phone)

Call (734) 462-4424
(from a cell or public phone)

to Top