High School Dual Enrollment

Are you a high school or homeschool student looking for college credit now?  No matter where you live, you can take classes at Schoolcraft either on campus or online, and start earning college credit while still attending high school.

Dual Enrollment allows students who are currently enrolled in high school who qualify under the Postsecondary Enrollment Act to use funding from their K–12 district or the Department of Treasury to pay for classes taken at Schoolcraft. 

Students not eligible for funding under the Postsecondary Enrollment Act may choose to be dual enrolled, but students/parents would be responsible for payment. 

Complete the Admissions and Enrollment Process:  

  1. Confirm Eligibility.  Meet with your high school counselor/home school official to determine your eligibility for dual enrollment under the Postsecondary Enrollment Act.
  2. Complete Approval Documents.  The Dual Enrollment Parent Approval Form and the Dual Enrollment High School Approval Form must be complete with required signatures (parents, counselors, and principal).
           Dual Enrollment Parent Approval Form
           Dual Enrollment High School Approval Form
  3. Apply for Admission to Schoolcraft College.
    Your Academic Program will be Dual Enrollment.
    Apply Now
  4. Submit Transcripts/Test Scores. Current transcripts and if available test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT PLAN or ACT) can be sent through College Board or ACT, delivered in person, via mail or fax (734-462-4552) to the Admissions Office and Welcome Center. Students who do not have PSAT, SAT or ACT scores, or if scores do not meet course requirements, may be required to take a placement test.
  5. Meet with an Academic Advisor.  Upon admission, you will receive an email that instructs you how to get your student number. First-time Dual Enrolled students need to meet with an academic advisor. When contacting Academic Advising to make an appointment identify yourself as a Dual Enrolled Student. Bring picture ID for your meeting. Make an appointment at 734-462-4429.
  6. Register for Classes. Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Not sure what classes to take? The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) approved general education courses are a good starting point.  In the event that you need to change the class from that which was approved by your high school, you must submit a Dual Enrollment Course Revision Form.
           Dual Enrollment Course Revision Form   

        Register for Classes