Student Athlete Checklist
Please use the following checklist to ensure that you have completed all the necessary steps to be a successful student athlete at Schoolcraft College.
Getting Started at Schoolcraft College
- Complete an application for admission. This is available online or via the Admissions Office. You must be an admitted student to participate in athletics.
- Provide a final copy of your high school transcripts to Schoolcraft College. These transcripts must indicate a graduation date. You may bring a copy to the Admissions Office or request that your high school send one directly to us at: 18600 Haggerty Road, Livonia, MI 48152. If you haven’t taken the ACT in the last 3 years, you will need to complete the college’s assessment test, free of charge. If your ACT scores do not appear on your high school transcript, please provide a copy to the Admissions Office.
- If you have previously attended another college/university, you must request that an official transcript be sent directly from that institution to Schoolcraft College. Student copies/web printouts will not be accepted. You may obtain a transcript request form from the Admissions Office from your previous institution. Check with your former institution; some schools charge a fee for providing official transcripts.
- Complete a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). You may be able to receive loans or grants. Apply early and by using the internet. If you need assistance, please contact our Financial Aid Office.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor for both fall and winter semesters to get assistance in selecting your courses.
- You must enroll and maintain 12 credit hours during the semester(s) of participation to remain eligible.
- Meet with the Student Athletics Support System Coordinator asap.
- If you want to drop a course, contact the Athletic department prior to making any modifications. Dropping below full time (12hrs) makes you immediately ineligible.