Registration for Motorcycle Safety Classes will begin on February 1, 2017.
Improving the safety of motorcyclists on our roads is our primary goal.
The Detroit Metro Motorcycle Safety Consortium includes:
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Monroe County Community College
- Oakland Community College
- Schoolcraft College
- Wayne County Community College District
The Detroit Metro Motorcycle Safety Consortium offers hands-on, comprehensive motorcycle safety training in a safe and comfortable environment. Our classes are taught by professional, certified instructors who not only have a passion for riding—but riding safety. State funds from a motorcycle safety grant administered by the Michigan Department of State and federal funds from the Michigan Office Highway Safety and Planning support this program.
For your protection, all motorcycle courses require you to have the following:
- DOT-approved helmet (still required for all classes, even though the helmet law has changed)
- Long sleeve jacket or heavy shirt
- Heavy duty long pants
- Eye protection – goggles or glasses (required even with a face shield helmet)
- Full fingered gloves
- Boots: Your ankles must be covered and the boot must have a hard sole. High heels or high-top tennis shoes are not permitted.
- Rain and cold weather gear, as needed
- Pencil or pen
Please note that these classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Become a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Certified RiderCoach
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a valid operator’s license with a motorcycle endorsement for at least one year
- Have a personal driving record with no more than 6 points in the 12 consecutive months before applying
- Be an active motorcyclist with considerable street riding miles each season
- Commit to all aspects of motorcycle rider education and safety
Successful completion of the class results in national certification by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Interested? Please complete the 2017 RiderCoach Preperation Application.
For more information, please contact the Continuing Education and Professional Development office at email@example.com or 734-462-4448.