The official Schoolcraft College social media outlets (channels) are where students, parents, alumni and community members can learn about and enjoy the great things happening at Schoolcraft College.
Schoolcraft College encourages students and others to post, comment and interact with others and expects that remarks will be on-topic and respectful of the rights and opinions of others. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of Schoolcraft College. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
Schoolcraft College does not discriminate against views or opinions posted to the college’s social networking accounts; however, Schoolcraft College reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted.
A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech,
- Profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, graphic or gratuitous violence,
- Nudity (including profile pictures),
- Defamation to a person or people,
- Name calling and/or personal attacks (bullying),
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product (including external non-Schoolcraft College links),
- Comments that infringe on copyrights,
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile,
- Off-topic remarks,
- Other comments that the Schoolcraft College Social Media team deems inappropriate.
Any comment that is perceived as a threat to the health or safety of students, employees, or buildings and facilities will investigated by law enforcement officials. Schoolcraft College students are expected to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct and Judicial Procedures.
Repeated violations of the Schoolcraft College comment guidelines may cause the author to be blocked from some or all of Schoolcraft College’s social media outlets (channels).
All content and posts are bound by Terms of Service and any additional use guidelines for their respective services:
Schoolcraft College is trusting in the maturity of our community to dialog with each other and to respond politely.
If you have any concerns about the content posted on any of the college’s social media outlets, please contact the Marketing department. We welcome your feedback and thank you for your help in creating a safe, vibrant and respectful online community.
v 1.1 Updated April 27, 2015