Schoolcraft College strives to offer the most current and effective up-to-date training available, yet keeping your budget constraints in mind. In addition to mandated training, we continue to seek new courses in response to today's multi-faced demands. In doing so, we try to stay consistent with the ever changing trends in the fire community and the training needed to keep fire fighters current.
Fire training has often been cited as one of the most important responsibilities in any fire agency. In turn, we have developed a comprehensive program to provide quality fire training in a cooperative, efficient and effective manner through proper utilization of modern technology and coordination of our facility.
Our fire training institute serves four basic objectives.
- Well-trained personnel are better prepared to act decisively and correctly.
- Training results in greater productivity and effectiveness.
- Training cultivates cooperation and unity of purpose.
- Provides safeguards for being legally accountable for actions of personnel.
The Schoolcraft College fire training institute program provides these objectives with quality, up-to-date training.
- Driver’s Training
- Fire Pump Operator
- Fire Pump Operator Refresher (1-day)
- Elevator Training
- NFPA Inspector I
- NFPA Plans Examiner
- NFPA Inspector II
Company Officer "Prep" Courses
- Incident Command and Resource Management for the Fire Service
- Preparation for Initial Company Operations
- Decision Making Initial Company Operations
- Strategy Tactics Initial Company Operations
- Incident Safety Officer
- Education Methodology
Company Officer I and II
- Program Requirements of NFPA 1021
Fire Officer III
- Health and Safety Officer
- Leadership I
- Leadership II
- Leadership III