Mobile Device Setup
Your Schoolcraft email account can be linked to your mobile device. Follow these steps and you'll be able to get your email wherever you go!
From Your PC
- Log in to your Schoolcraft email account from your PC.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click on on the Google Apps icon that looks like 9 squares.
- In the pop-up menu, click on My Account.
- A new browser tab will open. Select the Signing in to Google link in the Sign-in & Security section of the screen.
- In order to use your mobile device, you'll need to enable 2-step verification. 2-step verification adds a layer of security by requiring access to your phone - as well as your username and password - when you sign in. If 2-Step Verification is off, click anywhere in the 2-Step Verification section to enable it.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Google will send you authorization codes to this phone whenever you log in from untrusted devices or different computers. Choose how you'd like to get the codes, either text message or phone call. Click Try It.
- Google will send a code to the phone number you provided. Enter the code that you had sent to you and click Next.
- Click Turn On. You've now set up your account to perform 2-step verification and we can proceed to setting up your phone. In the blue bar at the top of the page, click on the arrow pointing to the left that is next to the words "2-Step Verification". This takes you back to the Sign-in & Security page.
- Now you need to generate an App password to use to set up your phone to connect to your Schoolcraft email account. Click anywhere on the App passwords section.
- Click on the Select app dropdown and choose Mail. Click on the Select device dropdown and choose Other (Custom name). Enter a name to describe your phone. (i.e. Samsung S6) Now click the Generate button.
- Write down the app password so you have it to use when setting up your phone. Then click Done.
- Go back to your email and click on the Settings icon (looks like a gear) and then select the Settings menu item.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access: section, click the Enable IMAP option. All other settings can be left alone. Click the Save Changes button.
Guide for Android Devices
To use an Android device, follow these instructions to sync your mail on your phone. This will allow you to get email only and will not sync your calendar. Make sure you turned on 2-step authentication and generated an app password before performing these steps on your Android device.
These steps are a guide to setting up your device. Different versions of the Android OS present the options that you need to set up at different stages. Please read all the steps below before starting so you are familiar with the settings needed so you can address them as they are encountered on your device.
- Find the Settings app on your device and open it.
- Locate the Accounts section and select Email.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Add Account.
On older versions of Android, the Add Account option is under the Accounts section and then you select Email.
- Enter your full Schoolcraft email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Manual Setup. Older versions of Android require you to enter your password before the Manual Setup option is able to be selected. Use the app password you generated earlier.
- Enter the app password that you generated from your Schoolcraft email account for the Password.
- Change Server: to IMAP.GMAIL.COM
- Change Port: to 993
- Select Next.
- Change Security: to SSL/TLS (Accept All Certificates). This is needed for both Incoming and Outgoing servers.
- Select Outgoing Server Settings.
- Change SMTP Server: to SMTP.GMAIL.COM
- Change Port: to 465
- Select Next.
You've now set up your Android device to get email.
Older versions of Android can be set up to use the Google Apps on your Android device including GMail, Calendar and Contacts. If you have the Jellybean version of the Android OS or earlier you can refer to Google's documentation on setting up your device at https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/1738362. Scroll to the section titled If you're using a prior version of Android, use these instructions instead: and expand that section.
*We have been unsuccessful in getting versions of Android greater than Jellybean to set up successfully using the native Google Apps on the device.
Guide for iOS Devices
To use an Apple iOS based device, follow these instructions to setup Google Sync on your phone. This will allow you to get email, calendar and contacts and keep them in sync. Make sure you turned on 2-step authentication and generated an application-specific password before performing these steps on your Apple iOS device.
- Open the Settings app on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account...
- Select the Microsoft Exchange account type.
- In the Email field, enter your full Schoolcraft email address (email@example.com)
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Schoolcraft email address as the Username. Make sure you include the @apps.schoolcraft.edu.
- Now enter the application-specific password that you generated from your Schoolcraft email account for the Password.
- Press Next at the top of your screen.
- When the Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
- To receive and respond to meeting requests on your device, both Mail and Calendarneed to be turned on, and New Invitations needs to be enabled in your Google Calendar Settings. To enable New Invitations:
- Sign in to your Schoolcraft email and go to your calendar using the web browser on your phone or computer.
- Go to Calendar Settings then Calendars and click on the Notifications for the calendar you want to sync.
- Under Email, check New Invitations (and any other Invitation settings you want enabled), and click Save.
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad / iPod Touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of your All Contacts group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
You've now set up Google Sync! Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds for it to start syncing.