Mathematics - MATH 47
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
Topics covered in this course include an introduction to variables, integers and algebraic expressions; simplifying algebraic expressions involving integers, fractions and decimals; solving algebraic equations involving integers, fractions, decimals and percents; ratio and proportions; applications using basic concepts from geometry; and introduction to graphing via point-plotting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 45 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 16 ACT-Math, 22 SAT-Math, 60 CPT-Arithmetic, 240 NGA-Arithmetic or 220 NGA-Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics.
- Competence in arithmetic without the aid of a calculator.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving integers.
- Apply order of operations to mathematical problems.
- Solve linear equations involving integers, fractions and decimals.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve problems involving perimeter, area, volume and the Pythagorean theorem.
- Translate English expressions into mathematical expressions.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points.
- Simplify expressions using properties of exponents.
- Simplify fractional expressions.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Factor the greatest common factor (GCF) from a polynomial expression.
- Apply the prime factorization method to greatest common factor (GCF) or least common multiple (LCM) problems.
| ||047||142447||Prealgebra||ONL||3||Stetson B||26/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||047||142450||Prealgebra||ONL||3||House H||18/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||047||143013||Prealgebra||RMT||3||Rainey A||12/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:30 PM-01:50 PM WEBWEB
| ||047||143016||Prealgebra||RMT||3||Carley D||21/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 02:00 PM-03:20 PM WEBWEB
| ||047||143056||Prealgebra||RMT||3||Abney L||18/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 07:30 PM-08:50 PM WEBWEB
| ||047||246009||Prealgebra||RMT||3||Staff||17/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 09:00 AM-10:20 AM WEBWEB
| ||047||122954||Prealgebra||ONL||3||Mingela A||5/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||047||236161||Prealgebra||ONL||3||Lai H||6/20/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday