Mathematics - MATH 150
Calculus with Analytic Geometry 1
5 Credit Hours5 Lecture Hours
This course is oriented to engineering, science and mathematics majors. Limits and continuity, derivatives and integrals of algebraic and some trigonometric functions, curve sketching with the aid of the graphing calculator and applications are the topics covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 129 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 23 ACT-Math, 29 SAT-Math, 103 CPT-College-Level Math or 280 NGA-Advanced Algebra and Functions.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate the concept of a limit.
- Compute limits geometrically, numerically and analytically.
- Investigate the concept of continuity geometrically and analytically.
- Determine whether or not a function is continuous at a point or overall.
- Investigate the meaning of differentiation geometrically, numerically and analytically.
- Evaluate a derivative using techniques of differentiation, including the difference quotient, the power rule, product rule, quotient rule, chain rule and implicit differentiation.
- Determine the equation of the tangent line using the derivative.
- Solve related rate problems.
- Use differentials to approximate related rates and their applications.
- Evaluate the derivative of elementary transcendental functions including logarithmic, exponential and trigonometric functions.
- Graph elementary functions using calculus techniques.
- Solve optimization problems.
- Compute the area under the curve using finite rectangles and infinite rectangles.
- Compute the area under the curve using integration.
- Compute the definite integral using the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and Substitution Method.
| ||150||143082||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Lai H||8/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 06:00 PM-08:26 PM WEBWEB
| ||150||143103||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Lazarski A||16/24/0||Open||$12.00||M T R 08:30 AM-09:59 AM WEBWEB
| ||150||143104||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Lazarski A||14/24/0||Open||$12.00||M T R 10:15 AM-11:44 AM WEBWEB
| ||150||143105||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Mingela A||1/24/0||Open||$12.00||M T W R 12:15 PM-01:22 PM WEBWEB
| ||150||143136||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Rothstein C||14/24/0||Open||$12.00||W F 08:00 AM-10:26 AM WEBWEB
| ||150||143144||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Staff||10/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 02:00 PM-04:26 PM WEBWEB
| ||150||123009||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Boysen T||6/31/0||Open||$12.00||M T W R 10:15 AM-12:50 PM WEBWEB
| ||150||123019||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Hu Z||6/31/0||Open||$12.00||M T W R 03:00 PM-05:35 PM WEBWEB
| ||150||123020||Calc Analy Geom 1||RMT||5||Lazarski A||6/31/0||Open||$12.00||M T W R 12:00 PM-02:35 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday