International Student Admissions

All F1 and M1 international students have additional requirements for admission and registration and are required to complete an International Student Packet. F1 and M1 international students must attend Schoolcraft College on a full-time basis (at least 12 credit hours per semester). Enrollment in the spring and/or summer sessions is optional in most cases. 

  1. Apply for admission.
  2. Valid visa status must be obtained and maintained. Schoolcraft College is authorized to issue eligibility visa documents (an I-20) for foreign nationals to obtain F-1 or M-1 student status either by changing their current visa status if they are in the U.S. or by obtaining an F-1 or M-1 visa through a U.S. consulate or embassy outside of the U.S. Prospective international students in the U.S. with another visa status must be sure their current status allows for full-time study, or part-time study if they will not be applying for an F-1 or M-1 visa.
  3. Proof of health insurance will be required while attending Schoolcraft College. For more information on health insurance requirements please review the international student packet.
  4. Previous education credentials. If you have previously earned education credentials and would like to see if they transfer to Schoolcraft, you may have an evaluation completed. Evaluations are accepted from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).
  5. Meet with a Schoolcraft College academic advisor, upon arrival in the United States.