All first-time students are required to complete Orientation.You can elect to attend an Orientation session on campus or complete the Online Orientation. During Orientation you will learn more about Schoolcraft College's academic programs, campus life, resources for students and next steps for completing the enrollment and registration process. 

Attend On-Campus Orientation

You will receive a letter and email regarding your orientation date. Orientations are designed so students who have selected the same major are grouped together and will provide an opportunity for you to meet current students, faculty members, and get your questions answered. We look forward to seeing you there! Please contact the Admissions Office if you need further assistance.

Winter 2018 New Student Orientation Session Dates

Held in the McDowell Student Center, Room 100, from 9 am – 12 pm unless otherwise noted.

Orientation Date


Friday, November 17, 2017

Arts, Humanities and Communication;
and Education

  • Art & Design
  • Broadcast Communications
  • English
  • Sound Recording Technology
  • Theatre
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Teacher Education
  • Special Education
  • ARC

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Business and Information Technology

  • Accounting
  • Business Administration
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Cosmetology Management
  • Office Information Systems

Friday, December 1, 2017

Natural Sciences
and Undecided Students

  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Math
  • Nutrition and Food Science
  • Physics

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Manufacturing and Technology
and Culinary Arts

  • Biomedical Engineering
  • Electronic Technology
  • Engineering
  • Mechatronics
  • Welding Technology
  • Brewing and Distillation Technology
  • Culinary Arts
  • Baking and Pastry Arts

Friday, December 8, 2017

Health Sciences 
and Undecided Students

  • Health Information Technology
  • Massage Therapy
  • Medical Assisting
  • Pharmacy
  • Physical Education

Wednesday, December 13, 2017
*1:00 – 4:00 pm

Public Safety

  • Criminal Justice
  • Emergency Medical Technology
  • Fire Technology
  • Homeland Security

Friday, December 15, 2017


  • Licensed Practical Nursing
  • Registered Nurse
  • Nursing Assistant Training program

Saturday, January 6, 2018

All programs


Online Orientation

Begin Online Orientation